If you don’t have your own washing machine and have a smaller space, a portable washer may be your answer. There are countless products like the smallest washing machine in the market today, each with a different feature set, capacity, and design. Our team performed in-depth research on portable washers to help you make the best decision and keep your laundry woes at bay. For each of our selected products, we provide information about their specifications, key features, and other considerations. If you’re not sure what features you need in a portable washing machine or what to look for, check out our buying guide below. Read more about our methodology.
- 1 Best Portable Washine Machines 2019
Best Portable Washine Machines 2019
Durable Tub Design
Giantex Portable Mini Twin Tub
Zeny Portable Compact Mini Tub
5 Wash Cycle
Magic Chef MCSTCW21W2
Power Air-Drying Setting
KEY CONSIDERATIONS TO BUY THE BEST PORTABLE WASHING MACHINE
One of the first things to consider is how large of a portable washer you actually need. A washer 1.5-cubic feet and smaller is ideal for just one individual’s load of laundry. If you have a family of two individuals or more in the mini portable washing machine, you should look for a larger product. However, keep in mind that a washer with a larger capacity may also boast larger dimensions.
- Spin Dryer
A spin dryer pulls water out of the clothing, allowing them to dry faster on a clothing rack or a laundry line. It does not completely dry items, like a full-sized dryer. Many budget-friendly items that offer a spin dryer typically boast a twin tub design, meaning that after washing the clothes, you must move them to a separate tub to dry them.
Portable washers range in size from fitting on your countertop to standing 3 feet tall. Before making any purchasing decisions, check the dimensions of the product to make sure it fits in the areas you’ve allocated for the machine.
Look for machines with several cycle options available. Common cycles include normal, heavy, delicate and cotton. The more cycles the product offers, the more versatility and control you have in determining how your clothes are washed. There are different types of washing machine available in the market and this could be one criteria to differentiate them.
- Ease of Installation
These portable washer and dryer combo for apartments can be set up in a matter of minutes or can cause large headaches. Avoid washers that require extra work to use — such as manually filling up the washer with water — or that require purchasing additional parts such as hoses or connectors.
- Price Breakdown
For less than $100, you can get a budget-friendly portable washer. These are typically smaller units, with only a small handful of cycles and setting options. The cheaper products may not offer any type of spin dry capabilities. For products costing between $100 to $300, you will find a quality washer that is ideal for most home use. These products typically provide the power you need to wash all types of clothing and provides plenty of cycles, water levels, and a spin dryer to make laundry a breeze. Products more than $300 are ideal if you want a hands-free portable washing machine. These higher models provide additional features such as air drying capabilities, delay start options and tub cleaning features that you won’t find in cheaper products.
1. Panda XPB45
Don’t be deceived by its name as the Panda Small Compact Portable Washer offers a large capacity and is ideal for families. It boasts a durable twin-tub design that lets you wash and spin dry clothes simultaneously, cutting down your time spent on laundry. It offers plenty of power, which ensures your clothes come out clean and grime-free, but unfortunately, its power is known to twist and tangle clothing in the washing tub. If you want a portable washer that is simple to use, powerful and can handle large loads of laundry, this Panda portable washer is one we highly recommend.
- While the machine itself is small, it is still large enough to handle sizable amounts of laundry.
- It includes all the necessary parts so you don’t have to purchase additional items and the drain hose, inlet hole and lint filter are all easily accessible on the device.
- Everything is labeled so it isn’t confusing and overwhelming to use.
- It can easily wash up to 12 pounds of clothing, which is ideal for two or more individuals.
- While some products can be a nightmare to install, the Panda Small Compact Portable Washer takes only a few minutes.
- The tub design allows you to wash and spin dry your clothes using the same device. This machine is made from durable plastic so you don’t have to worry about rust and other materials damaging the machine.
- A knob display lets you easily choose between cycles and adjust the timers for both the washer and spin dryer.
2. Giantex Portable Mini Twin Tub
The Giantex Portable Mini Twin Tub is an excellent pick for buyers who want a machine that’s quiet, powerful and can fit within a tight budget. This compact washer features a large feature set with two-cycle options, a large capacity, and a built-in timer. It is extremely compact and portable, allowing you to move it from room to room with ease and to store it without any problems.
- A knob display lets you easily choose between cycles and adjust the timers for both the washer and spin dryer.
- Makes stockpiling a breeze. It likewise makes the machine ideal for residences and different spots where space is restricted.
- The 1300RPM engine makes the unit practical and ground-breaking enough to handle most washing errands.
- You will hardly know this portable washer is running with its low sound levels. However, it is important to keep the machine balanced or the noise level will increase.
- At only 24.8-inches long, 14-inches wide and 28.25 inches tall, this portable washer doesn’t take up much space in an apartment or condo. It only weighs 32 pounds, making it easy to move from room to room if needed.
- Due to the twin tub design, you can run both the washer and the spin dryer at the same time. This means you can get more clothes washed at once without wasting time between cycles.
- The spin dryer of this portable twin tub washing machine can handle up to 6 pounds of clothes at once and offers enough power to remove a significant amount of water. Your clothes will air dry much faster after using this Giantex washer.
Also, check: Top Portable Washer and Dryer
3. Zeny Portable Compact Mini Tub
Not only can you wash up to 11 pounds of clothing in just one load, but the six cycle options also let you choose exactly how your clothing is washed and treated. This portable washer boasts touchpad controls and a LED display, allowing you to navigate throughout all the features and cycles with ease.
- Control board on this portable washing machine and dryer incorporates simple to-setup capacities and clocks. The control board makes activity a breeze.
- Portable size makes this portable clothes washer ideal for residences, RVs, lofts, RV's, and condominiums.
- Navigate through all the features and setting options available on this portable twin tub washing machine using its touchpad control. Well-labeled touchpad buttons let you easily choose your settings and LED display lights to let you know exactly what settings and features you have chosen.
- Easily wash all types of clothing from delicate to heavy jeans with this machine. With six cycle options, you have complete control over how the machine washes your clothes. The cycles are normal, quick, cotton, jeans, anti-wrinkle, and air dry.
- Despite the large size of this portable washer, it is quiet. Many users report they had to go and check the machine just to make sure it was still running.
- Even after extensive use, this machine can handle most demands that come its way. With a stainless-steel tub and durable construction, it is built to last
- A transparent lid lets you look inside the machine while running. And if the lid opens for any reason while operating, a loud beeping noise will sound. This keeps curious little fingers from touching the machine without your knowledge.
- Built-in siphon guarantees easy seepage.
4. Midea MAR30-P0501GP
This 0.9-cubic foot machine is ideal for just one individual’s laundry. It boasts five cycles, including a spin-dry cycle, and three water level settings so you have complete control over washing your clothes. The small size of this Midea washing machine makes it easy to move from room to room and to store in a small apartment.
- Transparent window allows you to screen the drying procedure with fewer whines.
- The removable channel is really easy to clean since it is removable.
- The stainless steel drum is impervious to rust to guarantee unmatched execution.
- Measuring only 20-inches long and 31-inches tall, this machine takes up little space in your home. Plus, it weighs a measly 44 pounds and boasts two wheels on the bottom of the washer, allowing you to move it from room to room with ease.
- The variety of wash cycles — normal, jeans, and cotton, quick and anti-wrinkle— make it easy to wash several clothing items. Several similar products do not offer such a wide variety of cycle options, particularly for such a small machine.
- This machine comes with a powerful spin dry cycle that removes most of the water from your clothing. Additionally, to utilize the spin dry feature, you don’t have to move the clothing to a special dryer, like with a twin tub design, which saves you both time and effort.
5. Magic Chef MCSTCW21W2
This portable washer and dryer boast an extensive feature set that you won’t find on many lower-priced models. Not only does this Magic Chef washer feature a sturdy design, a large 2.1-cubic foot washing tub, and six cycle options, it provides an air-dry option so you can avoid hanging clothes out to dry. Plus, its LED display and electronic controls help all users utilize the machine with ease. However, you will be paying much more for this portable washer and its price tag is much closer to a full-size washing machine.
- Unique washing highlight makes the water throb through the machine, leaving no wound garments or chaotic heaps
- Automatic usefulness enables you to put your clothing in, set one of the 3 natural dials, and abandon it while the cycle wraps up
- Low control utilization and convenient structure make this an extraordinary unit for nature and your wallet
- You won’t spend hours hanging your clothes to dry. The air dry setting helps clothes dry quickly without the need to remove the clothes, wring them out and hang them on a laundry line.
- With its 2.1-cubic foot stainless-steel tub, you can wash large batches of laundry at once. This larger capacity is ideal for families of 2 or more individuals.
- This Magic Chef machine is built with many small design features that make your life easier. There is a detergent dispenser on this machine, along with built-in cabinet handles which help you move this large machine.
- The delay-start function lets you choose when a load of laundry begins. This means you can wash clothes according to your schedule — whether you are at home or away
- You won’t find yourself twirling your fingers and waiting for your laundry cycle to finish. The time-remaining indicator on this best portable washing machine 2019 tells you exactly how much time is left in the cycle. This is a feature that is rare to portable washers.
One of the more profoundly evaluated convenient portable washer and dryer combo for apartments that we checked on was the Giantex portable twin tub clothes washer with turn dryer. Purchasers state that it has the limit with regards to a solitary individual, or maybe for a wedded couple-saying that it is an astounding option in contrast to manual hand-washing of garments, particularly if your loft or house simply doesn't have the limit with regards to the perpetual establishment of a clothes washer and dryer.